Introducing the Skiboards.com Quick Mini Tune Kit. This easy carry kit is perfect for on-the-go skiboarders who want a quick tune on the fly. This do-it-yourself kit includes all you need to keep your skiboards in prime shape without having to spend the time or money taking them to a ski shop for tuning.
The answer is simple – because you’ll have much more fun on the slopes and extend the life of your skiboards.
The advantages of tuned skiboards:
1. Less energy is needed to ride;
2. A lower risk of accidents;
3. Enhanced grip even on icy slope conditions;
4. Easier to turn and glide without sticking.
Here’s how to tell if you need to tune your skiboards, snowboards or skis:
1. Dull, rounded edges
Dull, rounded edges or damage such as nicks or burrs. If your edges are worn, your skiboards can continually slip out from under you while making turns, Dull edges no longer grip the snow and thus it becomes harder to carve your turns, especially on firm or icy snow conditions.
2. Worn wax on bases (making them stick)
Wax creates less friction, thus greater glide on snow. When wax wears off due to friction, it will leave bases with a dry, fuzzy, gray appearance. By applying a fresh coat of wax you refresh the base and improve the glide while conditioning it against oxidation. Fresh wax also makes it easier for those flats or sticky conditions.
3. Skiboards feel hard to control when new
All new skiboards (and skis and snowboards) come with edges fully sharp. At first, the new boards may feel grippy or catch on the snow giving the feeling that they are hard to control. Detuning fixes this problem.
The Skiboards.com Quick Mini Tune Kit includes:
• 50ml Can of High Velocity Wipe-on Wax with applicator and instructions.
Specially formulated for the demands of skiboarding, we’re happy to offer our High Velocity Wipe-on all temperature Skiboard Wax. This is a high fluorinated wax is made for all snow conditions and the full range of riding temperatures. After 10 years of field testing with existing wipe-on waxes on the market, under a variety of riding conditions using numerous models of skiboards of different lengths and base types, we found the perfect formula to not only protect the bases of your skiboards, but provide superior glide.
We consider this the perfect easy-to-apply wax for skiboards and the next best thing to hot waxing. We don’t put our name on just any product, but only what we deem to be of the highest quality and this wax is no exception. We designed the container to be more compact and thus easier to stow away, while providing the same quantity of wax (50ml) as you would find in other wax brands that are in larger containers. It’s even strawberry scented! Sponge applicator included. Comes complete with instructions. Comes in self-sealing container to keep your wax fresh.
• Green Scotchbrite non-abrasive buff pad for polishing wax to a smooth finish
• Two Red Brake Retention Bands to secure brakes while waxing.
• Wintersteiger Quick Sharp File includes two angles (88 and 90 degrees). Make sure your edges hold. This Quick Sharp File tuner is perfect for skiboard tuning. Tunes edges to 88 or 90 degrees. Just run along your skiboard edges a few time (see instructions). Fits in your pocket. Why pay for shop tuning when you can do it yourself, even on the lift?
• Pocket stone for detuning as well as removing burrs on your edges. This pocket stone makes it easy to detune tips and tails. Detuning new skiboards allows them to feel less grabby and hard to control. As well, the pocket stone provides a quick means for removing small, but grabby edge burrs that can catch on the snow unexpectedly. Polishing the base and side edge surfaces helps reduce rusting, as well as allow edges to carve and glide more efficiently.
Comes in a zip close polypro carry bag with carabiner. Easy to carry. Includes instructions.
Case color: lime green with black skiboards.com logo.