Altitude Wellness – The Triple Whammy. This is the ultimate altitude wellness package – Altitude RX Altitude Wellness Supplement + Opaline Dry Oxy Caps + Nuun Hydrate Energy tablets. This combination provides long term as well as more immediate protection from the symptoms of altitude sickness when visiting high altitude climates. It truly is the triple whammy. If you want to play at altitude, and of course you do, why not make sure that you enjoy it fully?
1. Altitude Rx – safely and effectively maximizes energy and endurance, maximizes oxygen levels and fends off the negative effects of high altitude induced stress. This results in an increase in your body’s oxygen levels resulting in improved energy and endurance at high-altitude. Altitude Rx™ promotes increased blood flow throughout the body and decreases blood viscosity which offsets the negative effects of the low oxygen levels found at high altitude. This is especially effective in the short term starting 24 hours before traveling to high altitude environments.
2. Opaline® Dry Oxy Capsules use the process of oxygenation in the body by activating dry stabilized oxygen to accelerate the body’s recovery process through the digestive system. Because it is a naturally occurring molecule, the body uses it readily. It is very effective in muscle recovery both during and after exercise as well. These are best used at least a week or longer prior to traveling to altitude.
3. Nuun Hydrate Energy Tablets Cherry Lemonade dissolve in water for quick protection from altitude sickness, providing immediate energy. These tablets provide b-vitamins, optimal electrolytes and caffeine (from green tea extract) – all clean ingredients low in calories, sugar, no artificial flavors or sweeteners and are gluten free. The electrolytes in Nuun help maintain fluid balance, prevent cramping, and aid in efficient muscle performance, while B-vitamins and a modest amount of caffeine help the body access and utilize stored energy. These are best used the days you are riding. Just mix in water.
- One tube of Nuun electrolytes contains 10 tablets. Each tablet makes one 16oz sports drink.
- Each tablet delivers 360 mg Sodium / 100 mg Potassium / 25 mg Magnesium / 13 mg Calcium as well as 100% of vitamins B6, B12, Niacin, and 40 mg of caffeine (from organic green tea extract).
Directions for Use: When heading to higher altitude, start taking Opaline Dry Oxy Capsules 1 to 2 weeks before; Take Altitude RX starting 24 hours before; Take Nuun tablets the days of, adding to your water bottle.
DECREASE THE EFFECTS OF ACUTE MOUNTAIN SICKNESS
Are you ready to adapt to altitude upwards of 11,200 feet above sea level? Better blood flow at altitude delivers more oxygen to your brain … eliminating headaches … and more oxygen to your muscles… so that you enjoy your time at higher altitudes.
For most of us, the usual remedies of drinking lots of water and limiting physical activity still require a day or two of enduring unpleasant symptoms and lying around for a couple of days, hoping we feel better before our time in the mountains runs out.
What is High Altitude?
High altitude is considered to be between 5,000 and 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. Very high altitude is any altitude between 11,500 and 18,000 feet (5,486.4 m), and extreme altitude is anything above 18,000 feet.
What causes Altitude Sickness?
Altitude sickness is the name given to the human body’s physiological reactions that occur as a result of low oxygen pressure that exists at high altitudes. At higher elevations oxygen levels decrease. The problem of Acute Mountain Sickness starts when acclimatization does not keep pace with your ascent to high altitude. This happens when you ascend to quickly or go from sea level to high altitudes in a day and your body cannot get as much oxygen as it needs or is accustomed too. Even the top endurance athletes know to get to a high altitude race location a few days early to acclimate to the altitude.